Feel Foreign Film Contest
About Feel Foreign Film Contest (FFFC)
The goal of the Feel Foreign Film Contest is to create a space for dialogue and awareness about cultural issues. As Feel Foreign’s first major initiative, we are excited to see how the contest shapes cultural dialogue. Telling personal stories is an engaging way to share different perspectives and experiences that contribute to intercultural awareness.
Films may be submitted under any of the following six themes: Business, Education, Sport, Family, Lifestyle and Food. The top three (3) winners will be announced and presented with cash prizes at the Feel Foreign Film Contest Awards at Theatre Junction Grand on September 15, 2016.
Winners will be selected based on a combination of on-line voting and evaluation by a high profile panel of judges.
- Artistic Merit (story, creativity, entertainment, etc.) - 40%
- Effectiveness at stimulating empathy - 40%
- Technical Merit - 20%
Prizes in Canadian Dollars:
- 1st Place: $5,000
- 2nd Place: $3,500
- 3rd Place: $1,500
Film Specs and Guidelines
Film entry specifications:
- Submissions should be a maximum of 5 minutes. Your video file should be exported as an NTSC video (DVD) file formatted for DVD/TV viewing at the following specifications:
- Audio should be 120kbps, 48kHz stereo.
- File should be no greater than 300 megabytes.
c/o PO Box 65259 Thorncliffe PO
Calgary, AB T2K 6J7
- All voices or persons appearing in the submission must have consented to their participation in the submission, the use of their image, voice and likeness and the presentation of the submission to the judges of the Feel Foreign Film Contest.
Note: For participants younger than 18 years of age, parental consent must have been obtained.
- If music, images or other copyrighted material is used in the submission then the contestant must have all necessary permissions, waivers or rights to incorporate such materials, for copies to be made and used for the presentation of the material to the judges and of the Feel Foreign Film Contest.
- The submissions should not contain any unlawful, defamatory or illegal content or any content that violates the rights of any third party.
- By submitting an entry, the contestant grants the rights to the film submission to Feel Foreign, without payment or any other consideration, and understands that his / her film may be displayed on the Feel Foreign website, without payment or any other consideration.
- Feel Foreign will choose the panel of judges whose decisions will be final.
- Feel Foreign has the right to disqualify contestants and / or cancel the Feel Foreign Film Contest at any time.